Monday, December 6, 2010

On The Painting Table: Dark Eldar Warrior


So weeks after the storms died down over Dark Eldar (of which I shamelessly got caught up in and bought out a few box sets) I finally got to sit down and start painting the little buggers. I will start by stating that I did in all honesty attempt to go all out with the highlight out of the box style that most people seem to be going with, after that came out looking horrid I moved on and went for the more deep blended look you see here. I still have a long way to go on this project but at least I have a theme laid down.

The flash doesn't really show the actual shading, the purple really comes out under direct light, otherwise the piece looks almost black with a deep tinge of purple which I feel adds a suitable heir of menace about them.


Cheers

Scott
BH Senior Editor

No comments:

Post a Comment