Thursday, March 27, 2014

Brushing Up

Skip down to the bottom if you don't like wordy intros.

Things have been hectic over the last couple of years, not to say that I haven't had plenty of opportunities to get some hobby tome in, I have had plenty of side projects on the back burner (D's Guard, my eldar) The release of 6th edition really took a lot of the wind out my sails in terms of motivation to actually sit down and play/paint, but as with all addictions, eventually you have to re-lapse after some traumatic event pushes you off the wagon. The release of the Eldar codex/Iyanden was what started the slow burning fuse this time, the second was the guilty feeling I got when ever I looked at my painting station, lonely and buried under a year and a halves worth of clutter that had accumulated around it. After clearing everything out a week ago and checking BoLS revealed that there was a new guard codex in the wings. What followed was a "if you give a mouse a cookie" series of events that eventually lead to my return, if in a somewhat limited capacity.

The kick things off I started reading into a lot of the new guard rumors, this got me to wanting to finish up D's guard regiment that I started on over a year ago to trade for a massive collection of sentinels (doing a whole list of pure sentinels) I am just now finishing up his infantry squads, so soon I will have a large amount of walkers to strip/build, I have also liquidated my Space Marines in a trade for a new knight titan and some other goodies. Needless to say there will be plenty of 40k in my future going forward.

Circling back to point zero, this means that yes I have worked up a bit of motivation to blog again. What this does not mean is that I will not be doing so with as much zest and zeal as I once had. I started this blog with the idea that I was going to be the spark that ignited the west coast 40k scene, and while that didn't quite happen, I am happy to say that there have been many other individuals who were there to pick up the torch. Over the years I got to meet so many great people who shared a passion for the hobby, and I got to see a community grow from next to nothing due to the support of some of those great people who were there when life forced me to move on to other things. The guys over at Legends have really blown me away with everything they have been really growing the group over there, Chuck who I met not to long ago is a fantastic artist and event planner who's work continues to blow me away. I have to give a big shout out to Carl and the whole Independent Characters cast for really doing an awesome job of representing the west coats wargaming scene (there are others, but I really have to hand it to the IC guys for putting on one of the most professional programs in this region) To all of you and everyone else how contributes to the community Yu have earned my eternal respect.

Now that I have finished with my award acceptance speech, let's put a bow on things shall we. Yes I am going to start posting again, but the format will be a little more intimate, less strategic, more casual updates and musings, you will see me pop up elsewhere, the shop, various podcasts ect, but for the most part I am going to start treating this more like a journal than a news platform like I used to.

This may be the start of something new, it might not be, but I am tired of it not being anything at all.

Cheers

-Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment