Update 5/10/09: the bloody flying base mounting spire dose not I repeat dose not fit the provided mounting plate. I will try again tomaorw when I am more awake but the thing just will not slot, I am starting to see a lot of 1st gen issues with this Model.
Its taken three days an numerous spots of trial and error painting (yes maybe learning to airbrush larger things might have been a good idea) but the Valkyrie is almost done and despite the loose fitting cockpit canopy (I tried lord I tried to shave, slice and force it into the right shape) I feel that its almost ready for basing. I also tried some new dry brush techniques on the body (I like rough metal) and it came out alright and hopefully I will have a tutorial on that up shortly after this article.
In other news I have started on my command squad again after a lapse to work on the Valkyrie and I almost have the standard bearer done, interestingly enough I found that Vallejo 70886 Green Grey is an excellent substitute for the now long discontinued GW khaki, so I have decided to make my command units of a lighter more distinct shade then my main troop (a bit of flair I suppose) but so far the results are speaking for themselves and the coating has come out very smooth and takes well to a good thin wash layer. Over all its been a long week, I know our friends over at Santa Cruz Warhammer have been plugging away on there guard projects as well and as always I am floored by some of the stuff John has been doing and cant wait to see how that sentinel turns out. Alright before I start drawling on here are some pics. On a closing note I would like to link you to the airbrush pack I got, for the money and the paint it comes with for beginners this is your best bet. Check it out Here.
BH Senior Editor
See the new Star Trek movie. Also if your wondering how I am going to get the gunners inside you will have to stay tuned, or the short version, I am really good with my fingers and plastic parts can move.